Outfitting and Gear
Need a few items? No sweat! We have everything you need to fill in the gaps. If you don’t see what you are looking for on this list, just give us a call and we’ll do our best to hook you up.
Standard 100L Canoe Pack(Chinook)
Waterproof 115L Canoe Pack (Sealine)
Expedition Backpack (80L)
Barrel & Harness 30L/60L (Hang kit incl.)
Dry Bags (Various Sizes)
Eureka Outfitter Timberline (2 person)
Eureka Outfitter Timberline (2-3 person)
Sierra Designs Lightweight (2-3 person)
Lightweight Nylon Guide Tarp (pre-roped)
2/3 Season Sleeping Bag (w/ liner)
Foam Sleeping Pad
Mess Kit (per person)
Single Burner Stove (Primus/Coleman)
Fishing Rod & Assorted Tackle
Satellite Phone (Usage Extra)
We also have a small selection of tackle and worms.
Our complete outfitting packages include all the essentials you will need for your canoe trip. These packages must be pre-booked and will be ready to go when you arrive. Our packages include trip consultation and all required gear/equipment (see list below). Food packages, shuttle service and canoe delivery to your Algonquin Park access point can also be added. If you’re joining us for bug season we will also include the MEC Mantis; a wilderness dining shelter for up to 6 people.
- All rentals and packages are billed by calendar day.
- There is a two day minimum for all of our complete outfitting packages.
- Our great discounts apply to all of our complete outfitting packages.
5+ days = Save 15%, 7+ days = Save 25%.
All prices listed are per-person per-day.
Children’s Rates: 0-4 – Free, 4-12 – 50% off of the adult price.
Premium Package – $52. Includes our Ultra-light Souris River Canoes (16′, 17′ or our 18.5′ 3-seater) and our best gear.
Standard Package – $44. Includes our Kevlar Nova Craft Prospector canoes and standard gear. (52 lbs, 16′)
Our Packages Include:
- Canoe (paddles, pfd’s, safety kit, yoke pad *, tie down equip)
- 2 or 4 person lightweight tent /ground sheet
- Expedition canoe packs
- Sleeping bag with liner
- Sleeping pad (self-inflatable) *
- Cook kit (pots, plates, cups and utensils)
- Lightweight single burner stove (with fuel *)
- Map and map case
- Flashlight/folding chair *
- Folding saw /Bug jacket/Rain suit *
- Lightweight Tarp
- Supplies (first aid, rope, bio soap, toilet paper, matches and cleaning supplies) *
- Aquatabs-water treatment and bug spray *
- Food packages available at additional cost.
- Satellite Phone available for an additional cost.
Base Package, Minimum 10 People, From $35/person/day)
- Royalex 16′ canoe
- Great package for larger groups (up to 80) on a budget.
- Supplies as listed above except those marked with *
- Self-inflate pads replaced with foam.
- Satellite phone and food packages are also available
What to Expect from your Completely Outfitted Canoe Trip
When outfitted by Algonquin Basecamp you can expect the best in equipment and customer service. We begin each trip with an orientation on the wilderness you are about to enter (wilderness rules, map routing, fishing info etc.) followed by a full equipment and food review.
We can also assist with:
- Trip logistics and parking
- Transportation and pick-up from other locations ie. Toronto, Ottawa
- Transportation or equipment shuttles to park access points throughout Algonquin
- What you need to bring
This is our suggested list for an average canoe trip 3-7 days. It is important to think layering, and to leave the cotton at home.
- sun hat (1)
- Base layer (top & bottom) (1)
- Quick dry T-shirt (2)
- Quick dry shorts (1)
- long sleeved shirt lightweight for sun protection (1)
- Quick dry pants (1)
- socks (2-3)
- sturdy pair boots/shoes (1) (with good traction and support)
- wet shoes (1) ie. Keen sandals
- bathing suit (1)
- small towel (1) lightweight, as towels are heavy when wet and take forever to dry
- toque (1)
- sweater (1) (wool or fleece)
- Goretex or breathable rain gear is preferred.
We will supply rain gear but if you have a good breathable rain gear-bring it! If you get a few days of rain you will be quite happy you did.
- toiletries (i.e. toothbrush/paste, essentials only and pref- bio-degradable)
- sunscreen/lip balm
- first aid kit (We do include a very basic but is preferred if you have a decent first aid kit of your own with appropriate medication)
- book (1)
- journal/pen/paper (1)
- gloves (1) (while paddling)
- camera/film (1)
- binoculars (1)
- bandanna (1)
- guide book (1)
- fishing rod/tackle/license (1)
- watch (1) (waterproof)
- wallet (1) (needed in emergencies)
- (VISA/Mastercard, money, medical ID)
- cards/small games/musical instruments (1)
- sunglasses/case/strap (1)