Our complete outfitting packages include all the essentials you will need for your canoe trip. These packages must be pre-booked and will be ready to go when you arrive. Our packages include trip consultation and all required gear/equipment (see list below). Food packages, shuttle service and canoe delivery to your Algonquin Park access point can also be added. If you’re joining us for bug season we will also include the MEC Mantis; a wilderness dining shelter for up to 6 people.
- All rentals and packages are billed by calendar day.
- There is a two day minimum for all of our complete outfitting packages.
- Our great discounts apply to all of our complete outfitting packages.
5+ days = Save 15%, 7+ days = Save 25%.
All prices listed are per-person per-day.
Children’s Rates: 0-4 – Free, 4-12 – 50% off of the adult price.
Premium Package – $52. Includes our Ultra-light Souris River Canoes (16′, 17′ or our 18.5′ 3-seater) and our best gear.
Standard Package – $44. Includes our Kevlar Nova Craft Prospector canoes and standard gear. (52 lbs, 16′)
Our Packages Include:
- Canoe (paddles, pfd’s, safety kit, yoke pad *, tie down equip)
- 2 or 4 person lightweight tent /ground sheet
- Expedition canoe packs
- Sleeping bag with liner
- Sleeping pad (self-inflatable) *
- Cook kit (pots, plates, cups and utensils)
- Lightweight single burner stove (with fuel *)
- Map and map case
- Flashlight/folding chair *
- Folding saw /Bug jacket/Rain suit *
- Lightweight Tarp
- Supplies (first aid, rope, bio soap, toilet paper, matches and cleaning supplies) *
- Aquatabs-water treatment and bug spray *
- Food packages available at additional cost.
- Satellite Phone available for an additional cost.
Base Package, Minimum 10 People, From $35/person/day)
- Royalex 16′ canoe
- Great package for larger groups (up to 80) on a budget.
- Supplies as listed above except those marked with *
- Self-inflate pads replaced with foam.
- Satellite phone and food packages are also available
What to Expect from your Completely Outfitted Canoe Trip
When outfitted by Algonquin Basecamp you can expect the best in equipment and customer service. We begin each trip with an orientation on the wilderness you are about to enter (wilderness rules, map routing, fishing info etc.) followed by a full equipment and food review.
We can also assist with:
- Trip logistics and parking
- Transportation and pick-up from other locations ie. Toronto, Ottawa
- Transportation or equipment shuttles to park access points throughout Algonquin
- What you need to bring
This is our suggested list for an average canoe trip 3-7 days. It is important to think layering, and to leave the cotton at home.
- sun hat (1)
- Base layer (top & bottom) (1)
- Quick dry T-shirt (2)
- Quick dry shorts (1)
- long sleeved shirt lightweight for sun protection (1)
- Quick dry pants (1)
- socks (2-3)
- sturdy pair boots/shoes (1) (with good traction and support)
- wet shoes (1) ie. Keen sandals
- bathing suit (1)
- small towel (1) lightweight, as towels are heavy when wet and take forever to dry
- toque (1)
- sweater (1) (wool or fleece)
- Goretex or breathable rain gear is preferred.
We will supply rain gear but if you have a good breathable rain gear-bring it! If you get a few days of rain you will be quite happy you did.
- toiletries (i.e. toothbrush/paste, essentials only and pref- bio-degradable)
- sunscreen/lip balm
- first aid kit (We do include a very basic but is preferred if you have a decent first aid kit of your own with appropriate medication)
- book (1)
- journal/pen/paper (1)
- gloves (1) (while paddling)
- camera/film (1)
- binoculars (1)
- bandanna (1)
- guide book (1)
- fishing rod/tackle/license (1)
- watch (1) (waterproof)
- wallet (1) (needed in emergencies)
- (VISA/Mastercard, money, medical ID)
- cards/small games/musical instruments (1)
- sunglasses/case/strap (1)
Planning a tripping menu can be a time consuming challenge. At Algonquin Basecamp we will gladly put things together for you, from steak to lightweight freeze dried systems. Most people like a balance of fresh foods for the first few days then lighten things up with freeze dried.
We do have a selection of Backpackers Pantry meals at our store, but will gladly order in any freeze dried food systems for you. Call or email us to see what is available and we will have it ready when you arrive. These are quite convenient, tasty, cost effective meals for small groups. See selection below.
- We require at least 2 weeks advance notice to prepare food system for you and to order in any freeze dried foods that you require.
- Keep food weight in mind- remember you have to carry it!
- Food allergies- we suggest that you develop your own food system or select from a freeze dried selection that has been processed in a controlled setting.
- The food Barrel $35/pp/day (please email us your selection based on the days you are out (ie. B1,L2 etc)
- Meal choices for groups should be the same choice for each meal. This will make prep, packing, and cooking much easier for your group.
Breakfast (All breakfasts will include Coffee/tea/juice, mid morning snack)
B1- Fresh eggs, bacon, english muffins
B2- Buttermilk pancakes/ syrup with berries
B3- Cheese omelet, toast, oranges
B4- Granola with berries/ milk
B5- Hot instant oatmeal with fruit
Lunch (will include juice and mid afternoon snacks)
L1- Summer sausage sandwiches, cookies
L2- Peanut butter and jam wraps, granola bars
L3- Hot corned beef on rye
L4- Chicken noodle soup, crackers/ cheese
L5- Kraft dinner
Dinner (will include juice, herbal tea, reg tea/coffee)
D1- Steak & potatoes with veggies
D2- Beef Shishkabob (a stick with beef & veggies)
D3- Spaghetti and bread
D4- Spicy Pad Thai
Our mid meal snacks will include a variety of granola bars, beef jerky, trail mix, sesame snacks, eat more bars, cookies, kolbasa and cheese etc. Just to give you that extra boost for that next Algonquin portage!
Any of our freeze dried selection can be mixed into this menu, or just ordered to mix with your own menu! Contact us for a list of our Backpackers pantry food selections. These are easy to prepare, will not spoil, and lighten the load! Most of these packaged meals will feed 2.