Start Your Algonquin Adventure From Here!
Our Lodge is designed for our complete outfitting and repeat rental customers. Located at 15 Main Street in Kearney Ontario, directly across from the Algonquin Park permit office.
Staying at our basecamp will give you and your group a chance to plan, prepare, and relax, before departing the following morning for your trip! It also allows us to spend time with our complete outfitting groups to provide some education and go over all of your gear. You could also stay with us at the end of your canoe trip to have a hot shower, good food and a cold beer. Then hit the highway feeling clean and fresh in the morning!
- This room has three single built in bunks and a futon. Linens provided
- Rate per night is $100
Little Eagle Room
- This room has two single beds and a couple of comfy chairs. Linens provided.
- Rate per night is $85
- This room has a queen bed, chairs, TV and DVD player. Linens provided.
- Rate per night is $100
Other booking prices
- If you book Timberwolf or Otterpaw you can book Little Eagle for only $50
- Book all three rooms for $200
- The main areas of the lodge are common areas and are for everyone to use. We also use the kitchen during our business hours. The bedrooms all have separate lock and keys for your privacy and safety of your belongings.
- Kitchen/Dining Room – We have a fully equipped, self catering, communal kitchen and dining area. Including water cooler, fridge, stove, pots, dishes, complimentary tea, coffee, sugar and spices.
- Living Room – A large communal area where you can tuck into a corner and enjoy a book or join other guests for a movie or board game.
- Bathrooms/ Small sitting room – We have 2 full bathrooms with showers on the second floor where the bedrooms are. They are both shared bathrooms, none of the bedrooms have private bathrooms. There is also a small sitting room on the bedroom floor in the middle of all three rooms.
- Communal Backyard/ Campfire – Roast marshmallows at the campfire or read a book in the sunshine. We have a large backyard with a fire pit, picnic table, muskoka chairs and a BBQ.
We are not a resort or hotel, we do not have all of the amenities and entertainment! Our Basecamp is simple and just has the basics. There is a TV but only a few channels, there is also a DVD player so you can bring movies if you like. We are on a well and septic so please be gentle on our systems, and yes the power could go out so please be prepared. There is plenty to do in Kearney and we are very close to the water, including a public beach just steps away.
- You are required to provide a visa/mastercard and will be charged extra fees for damages, theft, and extra cleaning required.
- You are expected to clean up after yourselves, and leave the lodge how you found it.
- Sorry no pets
- No smoking
We also have
- Information and maps on Algonquin Park to help plan your trip.
- Books, board games and a small selection of movies.
- Some children’s toys.
What to Bring
- A good book.
- Board games/ movies (we have a few too).
- Your own food.
- Anything else you think you may need.
Kearney does not have a grocery store, so you will want to get groceries on your way. The closest grocery store to Kearney is in Novar which is about 10 minutes away. The largest shopping area with all of the conveniences is Huntsville which is about 20 minutes away.
Kearney does have a pub, with a small food menu, a chip truck which stays open year round. There is also a general store and a liquor store.
Other Accommodation Options
“Windrush Cottage” Bed and Breakfast. Your Hosts: Lynn and Dave Allen
Nestled among 80 beautifully wooded acres in the area known locally as the “Windrush Valley”, The Windrush Cottage Bed and Breakfast and Holiday Home provide a peaceful retreat from everyday living. Situated between Huntsville and Ontario’s premier Provincial park – Algonquin (approx 30 – 40 minutes), you can enjoy, leisurely walks in the summer and snow shoeing in the winter along well defined trails. A homely atmosphere, high quality accomodations, wonderful home baking and service that is second to none, the Windrush Cottage Bed and Breakfast is a must for those seeking a little luxury with their outdoor experience
1 (705) 789-9209
Crown Land – Free Camping
There are some crown land (free use) camping sites on the way to all three of our access points. Call us for details.